Some rejected images that for various reasons I am not happy with and some other ideas I have been trying out . I have printed them out as what looks fine on screen does not always seem to work as well in print.
This for example I quite like as a diptych but when printed I actually preferred the double exposure and newspaper clipping to be viewed as two separate pieces.
+ another rejected version here
I cloned out the ring from the right hand version , again I not using either of these.
These were printed as triptych’s but I was not happy with them so have re-printed yet another version that will be included in the final assignment.
I took a series of photographs of dad’s cufflinks and cigarette case , each has been processed slightly differently and I have one selected for the assignment.
Again I did not particularly like the look of this printed as a diptych
These double exposures were too faded and when printed looked even worse.
I was going to use this as a full page image but have now created a triptych including written information about the Chindits
I do have my final selection but am just finishing printing and labelling them so will put my post up when this is complete and ready to post to my tutor. I have decided to work in colour and also have printed the historical photographs on A4 paper but scaled smaller than those taken for the assignment. The assignment has taken me far longer than I anticipated and I need to write my coursework notes up too but want to get this completed first.
I use Perma Jet Fibre Base Royal 325 paper for printing and am mortified to find it has now been discontinued. I have enough for this assignment but am considering printing all my work at A3 size for assessment so will have to try some alternatives . It is still available from a few sites but this might be a good opportunity to experiment with different papers.